Friday, April 5, 2013

EXPRESSION OF THE DAY: Rain and its idioms

Hi guys! I bet today everyone here in São Paulo had a hard time to wake up and get out of bed, because it's pouuuuuring outside!!! So in honor to the pretty rain, let's see some expressions related to it, and of course I have an exercise for you: match the idioms below with their respective meaning.
Olá pessoal! Aposto que hoje todo mundo aqui em São Paulo teve dificuldade em acordar e sair da cama, porque está caindo o munnnndo lá fora!!! Então em homenagem à linda chuva, vamos ver algumas expressões relacionadas com ela, e é claro, tenho um exercício para vocês: ligar as expressões idiomáticas abaixo com seu respectivo significado.


Now, the definitions:
Agora as definições:

Take a look at some examples:
Veja alguns exemplos:

1- They meet every Wednesday for dinner, come rain come shine.

1- Elas se encontram toda quarta-feira para jantar, faça chuva faça sol.

2- This morning, in São Paulo, it was raining cats and dogs.
2- Hoje de manhã, em São Paulo, estava chovendo canivetes.

3- I hate to rain on your parade, but I can't allow you to go there without me.
3 - Odeio estragar seus planos, mas não posso permitir que você vá lá sem mim.

4- Sue cancelled our night out, but she asked me to take a rain check for next week.
4- A Sue cancelou nosso encontro à noite, mas ela me pediu para deixar marcado para semana que vem.

5- First I went out to work and it was raining, then I noticed I didn't have my umbrella with me and when I got to the bus stop they were on strike... it never rains but it pours!!!
5- Primeiro saí para trabalhar e estava chovendo, aí percebi que não estava com meu guarda-chuva e quando cheguei no ponto de ônibus, eles estavam em greve... um mal nunca vem só!!!

Key/Resposta: 
How many did you get right??? Let me know!!!
Quantos você acertou??? Conte para mim!!!

2 comments:

  1. allow - double "l' (probably a typo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous!!! It happens!!! I'll fix that now! xoxo

      Delete