Wednesday, March 27, 2013

COOL TIPS: Country names

So yesterday I was doing an interpreting job in the booth and everything related to the subject was on the tip of my tongue after studying about it. However, this guy came up with a question to the speaker and he mentioned a country in Portuguese that I almost couldn't remember, Chipre, but luckily (and I actually don't know how so many words we don't use very often pop up from our brain) I said Cyprus [check the pronunciation here clicking on the flag]. Did you know that??? So, I made a list with the countries that get more different when speaking English to help you - and myself - to remember them when it's time to use them! Take a look:
Então, ontem estava fazendo uma trabalho de interpretação na cabine e tudo relacionado com o assunto estava na ponta da língua depois de estudar sobre isso. Porém, teve um cara que veio com uma pergunta para o palestrante e mencionou um país em português que eu quase não me lembrei, Chipre, mas por sorte (e na verdade não sei como tantas palavras que não usamos muito surgem do nosso cérebro) eu disse Cyprus [confira a pronúncia aqui clicando na bandeira]. Você sabia disso??? Assim fiz uma lista com os país que ficam mais diferentes ao falar inglês para ajudar vocês - e me ajudar - a se lembrarem deles quando for hora de usá-los. Deem uma olhada: 

No comments:

Post a Comment