Friday, February 15, 2013

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE: You and ME or You and I???

Good morning, guys!!!
Bom dia, pessoal!!!

Today is already Friday but it seems like Tuesday!!! Yes, Carnaval is over and so is the week. Some extra time to rest and relax before the real Monday.
Hoje já é sexta-feira mas parece terça!!! Sim, o Carnaval acabou e a semana também. Um pouco de tempo extra para descansar e relaxar antes da segunda-feira de verdade.

And today I'd like to answer a question 2 dear readers made these days about the use of You and ME and You and I... When should we use each one of the expressions???
E hoje eu gostaria de responder uma pergunta que 2 queridas leitoras fizeram esses dias sobre o uso de You and ME e You and I... Quando devemos usar cada uma dessas expressões???

The rule of thumb here is finding if we are talking about a subject pronoun (I, you, he, she, it, we, they) or an object pronoun (me, you, him, her, it, us, them)... ok, no difficult grammar names, so I have a better tip:
A regra de ouro aqui é descobrir se estamos falando sobre um pronome sujeito (I, you, he, she, it, we, they) ou um pronome objeto (me, you, him, her, it, us, them)...

If the word comes before the verb, it's a subject (I, you, he, she, it, we, they) and if the word goes after the verb or the preposition, it's an object (me, you, him, her, its, us, them). Take a look at the examples:
Caso a palavra venha antes do verbo, é um sujeito (I, you, he, she, it, we, they) e caso a palavra for depois do verbo ou da preposição, é um objeto (me, you, him, her, its, us, them). 

You and I should go out tonight to celebrate.
Você e eu devemos sair hoje à noite para comemorar.
Martin is going out with you and me.
Martin vai sair com você e comigo.

Paty and I go to the same gym.
Paty e eu frequentamos a mesma academia.
Joan is thinking of joining the gym with Paty and me.
Joan está pensando em entrar na academia com a Paty e comigo.

You and I need to clean the mess after dinner.
Você e eu precisamos limpar a bagunça depois do jantar.
Our mother told you and me that.
Nossa mãe disse isso a você e a mim.



Is it clear now, girls??? Hope you understand it better after this post!!! =)
Ficou claro agora, meninas??? Espero que vocês entendam melhor depois deste post!!! =)

Any other questions??? Feel free to ask me and I can write about it here on the blog!!!
Alguma outra pergunta??? Fiquem à vontade para perguntar para mim e posso escrever sobre isso aqui no blog!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thankkkkkks a lot teacher!! I loved the post and NOW I understood this situation.

    Thanks Again, If I have another question I'll tell you!!

    Byeeee XOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete